This week’s Free App of the Week: The Robot Factory by Tinybop
Create robots. Test robots. Collect robots. Build with exoskeletons, zephyr mechanisms, hydrostatic tentacles, machinos locomotors, G-Force mixers, and more! Make any robot you can imagine! Robot cats. Robot samurais. Robot spies.
*** iPad App of the Year ***
*** Parents’ Choice Gold Award winner ***
“We need more kids apps like Robot Factory” — WIRED
Robot wizards. Robot lizards. Robot dancers. Robot doctors. Robot moonwalkers.
The Robot Factory is the first app in Tinybop’s Digital Toys, a series of open-ended building apps that let kids ages 6+ create, test, play with, and collect whatever they can imagine. The second is The Everything Machine, an App Store Editors’ Choice and Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice.
* Build thousands of different robots from 100 parts.
* Test your robots to see if they will (or won’t!) walk, run, hop, and fly.
* Try out physics-driven robot parts in real world situations; swap them out for different results.
* Colorize your robots with nine different color schemes.
* Record your own robot sounds.
* Collect your robots in your own showroom. Keep an eye on them, day or night!
* Send text messages with robot stickers! Sticker pack is included.
* Make your robots dance.
* Intuitive, safe, and kid-friendly design.
* Multi-user system: each child can create and save their own robots.
* Entertaining for kids and adults alike.
* No in-app purchases or 3rd party advertising. Play in peace!
* Download The Robot Factory Technical Manual, in the app or on our website, for code of ethics and details about robot parts, gizmos, and tools.
* Original artwork by Owen Davey, the illustrator behind TwoDots.
* Original sound design.
Please note: to play with your robots on Apple TV, make sure you’re signed in to the same iCloud account on Apple TV as your iPad or iPhone.
Free download, click on the button below.